Working in higher education has its advantages and one I have enjoyed is working with students. Students in college who are in the different computer fields have a unique opportunity they can take advantage of. Working for the college IT department. Most colleges and university are understaffed and rely on the work of students to keep things going. Here are some advantages…
1. Real work experience to balance out classroom knowledge.
2. Training and mentoring by IT employees.
3. Make some extra spending money.
4. Work on special projects.
5. Motivated students can set their path.
6. Secure a summer job early.
1. Keep payroll costs lower.
2. Offer longer Help Desk hours.
3. Delegate basic tasks to students and focus on projects.
Working as a student worker my senior year at college gave me a tremendous amount of experience and led to me securing a job.