So here we go…
Read through the entire Bible in one year – Completed!
This is the first time I have tried this and actually enjoyed it. There are some great stories and some boring parts (Am I allowed to say that?). If you haven’t tried this yet check out YouVersion.com. They have some reading plans that make it easy to track your progress and have apps for phones and tablets. Unfortunately I don’t remember everything so I might have to read it again this year.
Read 24 non-fiction books on varying topics – Partial
I was able to complete 23 books. I never thought I would be able to get close on this one since my 2011 goal was 12 books.
Create one Android application – Fail!
I didn’t even attempt this one. Just wasn’t a priority. This is something I still would like to do but I am not sure it will happen any time soon.
Play guitar weekly – Partial
I gave myself partial credit on this only because I played one show with Mike Duncan this past year. I did play guitar some but it definitely wasn’t weekly. I love playing music but it is always hard for me to play by myself. It is so much better playing tunes with a group.
Rethink food and exercise – Completed!
This past year I did some reading about nutrition and really tried to balance out my diet more. In the past I ate pretty much whatever which forced me to run a lot. I like running but replaced my running time in the morning with reading. So this year I ate a lot more fruits and vegetables than I ever had before and less processed foods. This wasn’t an easy change but I really hope long term this will pay off. I also started playing roller hockey which was super fun to get back into the game that I grew up playing daily. I missed the excitement of the game and the camaraderie. This summer I will be playing again.
- beyondpod – podcast manager
- bible – youversion bible
- chrome – web browser
- dropbox – file sync
- evernote – note taking
- gmail – where my email lives
- google authenticator – generates 2-step verification codes to keep your accounts secure
- google drive – the new google docs
- google reader – for reading all the rss feeds I subscribe to
- instagram – photo sharing with cool filters
- kindle for android – read books
- lastpass – password manager
- lookout – security and antivirus
- nova launcher – homescreen launcher
- titanium backup – backup your apps
I like numbers and today is 10-11-12! Cool.
- The Grace of God
- My wife
- My job
- My xB
- YouVersion Bible App
- Old Photos
- The pursuit of Happiness
I came up with this idea last night and it was harder than I thought to put together. Hopefully you find it interesting.
Last night I decided to make some changes to my website.
- I got rid of the home page content for now and moved all the blog posts to the home page.
- I disabled the Disqus commenting plugin and am back to using the default WordPress comments for now.
- I changed themes.
- I added an archives page.
I want to focus more on writing.
It has been forever since I have made it a priority to post something. So the time has come to at least summarize a few things so you know what has been going on. How about I make a list?
1. Stiefel summer hockey league ended and we made it through one round of the playoffs. I had a really good time playing again and got some exercise. I signed up to play in the fall league which starts tonight. I am playing with “Old School” which is mostly guys 30 years old and up with a couple younger guys.
4. The Senior Network Analyst at work took another job recently and so now I am responsible for all kinds of new stuff. I am super busy at work but it has been challenging and fun.
5. I am running Liquid Smooth Jelly Bean on my Galaxy Nexus. So glad I got a Nexus!
6. Make sure to keep your WordPress install up to date so that your website is secure. If you need help upgrading let me know.
7. I have been volunteering over at Air Heritage and if you like like warbirds you need to stop by and check out the museum.
8. I am reading the China Study right now.
What do you think about: Kindle Fire HD? Gangnam Style? Battlefield3?
Time to get ready to go play some hockey with the boys. 10pm tonight!